We're committed to keeping your personal information safe and confidential both online and offline, and treating any information you give us fairly and lawfully.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as updated from time to time, and other applicable privacy laws.
When you sign up for our services online, before we save or use your data, we'll tell you how your information will be used in our data protection statement and in the relevant terms of service. We might occasionally send you information about accounts and services which we think would be of interest to you, if you confirmed this. If you'd like to change your preferences, you can do so at any time by getting in touch or through the client platform.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device when you access the internet.
- To monitor and manage our website experience.
- To understand how our advertising campaigns and promotions are working, to improve our site design, offers and promotions. No information is passed to third parties.
Two types of cookies are used on this website. The length of time a cookie will remain on your device will depend on the type of cookie:
- Session Cookies. These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period you access the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the website). Session cookies help the BlockFacts website remember what you chose on the previous page and avoids the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the site.
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your device after you have visited our website. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor.
None of the cookies we use on our website, contain personal information, and cannot be used to identify you.
To disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use, but we've provided some information on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu 'Tools' then 'Internet options'
- Click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu 'Tools' then 'Options'
- Click on the icon 'Privacy'
- Find the menu 'Cookie' and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu 'Files' > 'Preferences'
- Click on 'Privacy'
- On the top left corner, click Chrome > Clear browsing data
- Check Delete Cookies and other site data and set the time range
- Click Clearbrowsing data to clear cookies
- Select Preferences from the Safari menu or hold down the Command key and the comma key at the same time (Command+,)
- Go to the Privacy tab
- Click the Remove All Website Data button to remove all stored website data, or skip to step 5 to remove data on a site-by-site basis
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.